Photography is an art form. Each photographer works in his or her own respective way. There is no right or wrong – only what works for you and the artist. Listed below are Pink Fog Studios policies and proceedures for client engagements. David Zwick’s process for creating and producing photographic imagery and art may or may not be right for you and your family. If not, we understand and thank you for stopping by or contacting us. We are confident, that given all the available options, you will have no trouble finding the right fit if you keep searching. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
1. SESSION RESERVATIONS: We are closed on Sunday and Mondays; open Tuesday through Thursday until 8 pm (last appointment 6:30 pm); open early Friday and Saturdays but close by 4 pm (last appointment 2:30 pm). David works on an appointment only basis. David works on an appointment only basis. Session fees must be paid upon booking to reserve your session time. Once paid, if you cancel your paid session with at least 24 hours notice and choose not to reschedule you will receive a refund, minus a $75 administration fee. Session fees are 100% non-refundable and expire if not used within a year. Gift coupons and certificates have not cash value so receive not refund. Pets? We love pets but pets cannot be included in studio sessions. Pets can be included in outdoor portrait sessions only. Finally, we are a low volume, high touch studio. You work directly with David from beginning to end. As a result, David gets booked weeks in advance so it is best to plan eight to twelve weeks ahead when planing your portrait session, particularly if you need a weekend date and time.
2. APPOINTMENTS: You may arrive up to 15 minutes early for your session but no earlier as David might be working in the studio with another client. We offer a 24 hour cancellation policy for photography sessions and review sessions. Less than 24 hours cancellation will be charged a cancellation fee of $75.00. Also, please keep in mind that your appointment will not be extended beyond your scheduled time if you are late. If you find yourself running late the day of your photography or review session, you have two choices: (1) come to your session and we will do our best to accommodate you in the remaining time, or; (2) cancel your session and schedule for another day. If you cancel and reschedule because you are late, you will be charged a $75 rescheduling fee. In any event, call if you are running late the day of your session so we can plan accordingly. Finally, please reschedule if you or your children are sick.
3. REVIEW SESSIONS: Your viewing appointment will be scheduled approximately 1-2 weeks after your session and must be completed within 6 weeks of your session. Review sessions are not scheduled on the weekends. The Studio does not store client images on its systems for review or order at some future date. If your review session is not completed in 6 weeks from the date of your session the images created in your session will no longer be available to review or order. Orders will be placed and paid for during this appointment, so please make sure that everyone critical to the decision making process is able to attend this appointment. If requested before the completion of your first, additional in-studio viewing appointments are available at the rate of $95 and hour. If you are prefer or are unable to return to the studio for a viewing appointment, you may schedule an online viewing appointment with David for $125.00.
4. RESHOOT: Sometimes, regardless how hard you try to make it all work the day of your session it just does not come together for you. If that happens and you would like to work more towards getting the image(s) you want you can request, schedule, and complete a reshoot within 6 weeks of your original session date based on studio availability. In-studio reshoot fee is $75. Outside reshoot fee is $125.00 (outside of Denver incurs additional fees and may be subject to a minimum purchase requirement).
5. PROOFS AND DIGITAL IMAGES: There are no proofs, paper or electronic, to take out of the studio. Unretouched images do not leave the studio at anytime. Images from portrait sessions are not posted online for review or purchase – even in this age of digital wonders. If you are looking for a photography shoot that ends with images posted online for review and purchase, we understand, but we are not the right photography studio for you at this time. However, we are confident, that given all the available options, you will have no trouble finding the right fit if you keep searching. Again, we thank you for contacting Pink Fog Studios and your interest and consideration. We wish you all the best in your search.
6. ORDER PROCESSING, CANCELLATION, CHANGE REQUESTS: ORDER PROCESSING, CANCELLATION, CHANGE REQUESTS: Payment is due at the time of your order. Orders will not be processed until payment is made in full. Due to the custom nature of creating and producing photographic prints and images, we will accept a cancellation or change for full refund within 72 hours of order placement only. If for any reason you cancel or change any part of your order after 72 hours of order placement there will be a 25% return fee on the cancelled portion of your print order or image order and a 50% return fee on the cancelled portion of your frame order. Once your review, accept, and approved your order and leave the studio changes, exchanges, or returns are not allowed for any reason. Standard order processing takes 4-6 weeks from the day your order is placed and paid in full. Based on David’s schedule, expedited processing may be available. If requested and available, there is a 25% charge added to rush orders.
7. RETOUCHING: Basic retouching is included with every standard print order and includes removing facial glare, stray hairs, skin blemishes, spots in backgrounds, whitening teeth and eyes, and image exposure. Additional requests are accommodated through our Basic PLUS or SPECIAL Services retouching programs and incur additional charges based on the studios current retouching options and price list.
8. DELIVERY: Once completed, the studio will contact you to schedule a time for you to pick up your order. We are open specific times each week for order pickups. If-inconvenient, you can chose to have your order sent to you for a minimum $35.00 shipping, handling, and insurance charge (shipping charges may be much more based on your order size).
9. REPLACEMENT PRINTS: Once your review, accept, and approved your order and leave the studio if your prints, images, or frames are damaged you may request replacement prints, images or frames for 65% of the current a la carte price. Prints, images, or frames to be replaced must be returned to the studio before a replacement is provided. Clients are responsible for all return delivery or shipping costs. Each replacement request and return must be preceded by communication with the studio by email.
10. COPYRIGHT AND CAMERAS: We do not allow still or video cameras of any kind (other than ours) to be used during portrait sessions. In addition, it is illegal to copy or reproduce photographic or giclee prints elsewhere without STUDIO/PHOTOGRAPHER’s permission including but not limited to scanning, taking pictures of them with your camera or cell phone or any other recording device – even to put them online (e.g.Facebook). Violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties by Pink Fog Studios, Inc. for a minimum of $1,000 per image plus all associated legal fees. In addition, all rights to exclusive ownership and use of original images is reserved by Pink Fog Studios, Inc. for display, publicity or otherwise. If you do not wish us to use your images, simply let us know prior to your session.
Because I am involved with all aspects of the creation of images for clients, I run my business and create my art in a very personal way. I feel this is a huge deciding factor for my clients. They must connect with the process, my style, and my personality in order to be a great fit.
– David Zwick